Home › Agencies ›Departments »
Historic Preservation Commission
(1) To identify, record and maintain a system for survey and inventory of all buildings, sites, places, improvements and structures of historical or architectural significance based on the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation (Standards and Guidelines for Identification); and to aid the public in understanding their worth, methods of preservation, techniques of gathering documentation and related matters.
(2) To make recommendations to the Planning Board on the historic preservation plan element of the Master Plan and on the implications for preservation of historic sites of any other Master Plan elements.
(3) To advise the Planning Board on the inclusion of historic sites and landmarks in the recommended capital improvement program.
(4) To participate in the Technical Coordinating Committee and advise the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment pursuant to NJ.S.A. 40:55D-110.
(5) To provide written reports pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-111 on the application of the Zoning Ordinance provisions concerning historic preservation.
(6) To carry out such other advisory, educational and informational functions as will promote historic preservation in the borough.