HomeAgenciesDepartments »

Police Department

Darren Dachisen, Chief of Police
(973) 593-3000
(973) 593-3024
62 Kings Road
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)

Madison Police History

                                                Madison Police History

The Madison Police Department was established in 1890.  It was housed in various offices until the borough bought the building at the corner of Elmer Street and Central Avenue (currently the Yarn Shop), which served as a Police Station.  

In 1935 the Police Department moved into the newly dedicated Hartley Dodge Memorial Building which was given to the borough by Mrs. Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge as a memorial to her son, Marcellus Hartley Dodge Jr.

Today the Madison Police Department is still located inside the Hartley Dodge building awaiting construction on the new Police and Fire Building, which will be located at the corner of Prospect Street and Kings Road.