Home › Agencies ›Departments »
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
Beginning this spring, you will now be able to monitor local lightning storms on your computer or mobile device through Weatherbug. Directions for doing so can be found below.
1. Install the Weatherbug app on your device(s).
2. Open the app and click on the icon in the upper left corner.
3. About halfway down the drop-down menu, you will see a heading entitled "Severe Weather". Under that heading is a selection entitled "Spark". Select it.
4. On the righthand side, it will show you the approximate distance of the closest lightning strikes. If it is indicated that there is lightning within 10 miles, all field or other outdoor activities should be ceased immediately.
5. Make sure location services for the Weatherbug app are enabled on your phone.
6. Make sure your location is set to "Madison, NJ - Madison Public Safety Complex".