Home › Agencies ›Departments »
Recycling/Garbage/Yard Waste Department
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
*Please note, the recycling pickup schedule will remain the same with pickups on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday depending on your street.
Click here to find your garbage collection day.
To find your street's district number, please click here.
The Borough offers 3 ways for residents to dispose of their garbage.
1. Free Regular Curbside Pickup:
Once a week curbside pickup from September – April, twice a week curbside pickup from May 1 to August 31.
2. Traditional Rear Yard Pickup:
Residents can contract to have their garbage taken from behind or along the side of their home for an annual fee of $120. Once a week rear yard pickup from September – April and twice a week rear yard pickup from May 1 to August 31.
3. NEW Enhanced Rear Yard Pickup:
Year round, twice a week pickup from behind or along the side of a residence for an annual fee of $200. The pickups will occur on your regular, twice a week schedule, District 1A and 1B on Monday & Thursday, District 2A & 2B on Tuesday & Friday and District 3 on Wednesday & Saturday.
Residents interested in rear yard pickup should contact the hauler, Suburban Disposal, at 973-227-7020. The hauler will directly bill each resident.
- Each container cannot exceed 80 lbs.
- No construction material, grass, leaves, medical waste or recyclables.
- NO GARBAGE can be put in corrugated cardboard boxes. Corrugated must be recycled.
- If a Holiday occurs on your collection day, pickup will occur on the next scheduled pickup day.
All items must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the day of collection but not earlier than 7 p.m. the previous day. All containers must be removed from curbside prior to 8 p.m. on your collection day. If garbage or recyclables are not put out properly, they will not be collected.