Home › Not-for-Profits › Culture »
Drew University Minicourses
- Noncredit short courses by the faculty of Drew University and others.
- Open to anyone in the general public interested in learning for pleasure.
- Minicourse format: one two-hour class per week for five weeks. Offered on weekdays during the day.
- Classes at the Public Library in Madison, New Jersey.
- Jointly sponsored by the Friends of the Madison Public Library and the Office of Continuing Education at Drew University.
- Tuition for one course is $85, and $65 for each additional course.
For complete information and current course descriptions click HERE.
This program of Minicourses has been conducted at the Madison Public Library since the Fall of 1992. To date these noncredit courses have drawn students from over 60 communities throughout northern New Jersey. Student response has been enthusiastic, with many people returning for classes each term. Use the link above to find information about our current courses.
The courses are intended to be suitable for the general public without any prerequisites. However they are taught at a level consistent with Drew University's outstanding academic reputation. The faculty members are chosen both for their scholarship and for their ability as lecturers.
There are no examinations, grades, or required reading, but reading lists are made available for those who wish to further broaden their knowledge. Audio recordings of the lectures are made for the use of those who find it necessary to miss a class. The classroom is accessible to all.