Youth Ski Club
2023 Program Information
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023 PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED. We lost access to the group discounted rates five days after our registration deadline and the buses are at maximum capacity. If you wish to attend at this point, you will need to purchase lift tickets directly from Mt. Peter and provide your own transportation.
Registration opens every year around late October or early November. If you want to be notified via text and/or e-mail, please sign up for the Recreation Department calendar via Notify Me on Rosenet.
Who's Eligible: Open to Madison Residents in Grades 5-8.
The program will run on four Friday evenings in January and February and takes place at Mount Peter Ski Area in Warwick, NY. Lessons and equipment rentals are offered by Mount Peter, and the program welcomes beginner/novice-level participants. Bus transportation will be provided, but that is dependent on chaperones committing to all 4 weeks. Transportation will be canceled in the event of inadequate chaperone coverage.
- Dates: 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3 (Missed time cannot be made up and any fees paid to Mt. Peter cannot be refunded.) 2/10 will be held as a makeup date. There is no flexibility on these dates. Please do not ask for date changes.
- Bus Departure: MHS Auxiliary Parking Lot @ 4 PM sharp. Please do not be late.
- Bus Return: Buses will leave Mt. Peter no later than 9 PM and return to MHS sometime after 10 PM. Please do not be late for pickup.
Additional Information for 2023 Participants
- Participants should bring a bag dinner or money for the lodge.
- No eating is allowed on the buses and the buses must be kept clean. All garbage must be thrown away.
- Lessons begin promptly after arrival. Missed class time is not made up or extended. All lessons meet at the base of the mountain in front of Sunrise Lodge.
- Lesson participants may ride lift alone throughout the program. Lessons are a group lesson and are 50 minutes.
- There is no guarantee the lesson participant will have the same instructor each week.
- In the event Mount Peter cancels the program, you will be contacted by your group leader. The program is held during snow, cold, rain, or shine but on occasion cancellations do occur.
- Mount Peter does not take responsibility for any person (s). This includes, but is not limited to, using the chairlift and mountain safely. Please make sure participant is aware of all chairlift and mountain safety rules and guidelines which may be viewed on our website.