Youth Ski Club
2023 Program Information
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS - PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
IMPORTANT: To submit payment and complete the Mt. Peter registration process, you must click the yellow bar on the bottom of the page that says "CLICK HERE TO PAY". PLEASE DISREGARD THEIR NOTE ABOUT PAYMENT NOT BEING DUE UNTIL DECEMBER 2nd. That is an error.
Who's Eligible: Open to Madison & Harding Residents in Grades 5-8.
The program will run on four Friday evenings in January and February and takes place at Mount Peter Ski Area in Warwick, NY. Lessons and equipment rentals are offered by Mount Peter, and the program welcomes beginner/novice-level participants.
Bus transportation will be provided, but that is dependent on chaperones committing to all 4 weeks. Transportation will be canceled in the event of inadequate chaperone coverage.
- Dates: 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3 (Missed time cannot be made up and any fees paid to Mt. Peter cannot be refunded.)
- Departure: MHS Auxiliary Parking Lot @ 4 PM
- Return: Buses will leave Mt. Peter no later than 9 PM and return to MHS sometime after 10 PM.
- Lessons begin promptly after arrival. Missed class time is not made up or extended. All lessons meet at the base of the mountain in front of Sunrise Lodge.
- Lesson participants may ride lift alone throughout the program. Lessons are a group lesson and are 50 minutes.
- There is no guarantee the lesson participant will have the same instructor each week.
- In the event Mount Peter cancels the program, you will be contacted by your group leader. The program is held during snow, cold, rain, or shine but on occasion cancellations do occur.
- Helmets are recommended for all Mountain School Programs. All rentals are on a first come, first served basis. Every participant is required to have a lift ticket purchased thru this program to use the mountain.
- All rental forms must have a credit card number for a security deposit. If rental is lost, stolen or broken there is up to a $400.00 replacement fee that you will be charged depending on nature of incident.
- Mount Peter does not take responsibility for any person (s). This includes, but is not limited to, using the chairlift and mountain safely. Please make sure participant is aware of all chairlift and mountain safety rules and guidelines which may be viewed on our website.
- Please make sure participant is aware of all chairlift and mountain safety rules and guidelines which may be viewed on our website.
Mount Peter 22-23 Refund Policy: There are no refunds on the program. During these uncertain times please keep in mind that any purchase made is a risk. Mount Peter's programs are non-refundable and will not be extended even if your child misses time due to illness. Before purchasing this program, please consider the risks involved. Upon payment you agree to the terms above.
- It is vital for the transportation portion of the program that we have an adequate number of volunteer chaperones who can commit to all 4 weeks of the program. If this requirement is not met, transportation will be canceled and participants will be required to provide their own transportation.
- Chaperones ski and ride free of charge. A separate Mt. Peter registration link will be provided to chaperones. Children of chaperones ride free, but will need to register for the skiing portion of the program and pay Mt. Peter for any fees incurred.
- Chaperones do not need to ski. We always need people to supervise the lodge and the primary duty of chaperones (other than ensuring everyone's safety and enjoyment) is to assist our program supervisor with bus organization and general administration.
- If you wish to chaperone, please return the chaperone form included in the bus registration packet below.
Registration Instructions (READ CAREFULLY)
- Registration for the Mt. Peter portion of the program and the transportation portion of the program are separate. Registering for one DOES NOT register you for the other. You are not required to use the bus transportation provided. If you do not register for the buses, it will be assumed that you are providing your own transportation or carpooling.
- You will pay Mt. Peter directly for any fees incurred for the skiing portion of the program and register online at the link provided.
- For transportation, you will need to submit paper forms to the Department of Recreation at 50 Kings Road and include a check for $175 made payable to "Borough of Madison".
STEP 1. Mt. Peter Registration
PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE PAYMENT, YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE DELETED.
To successfully complete the online Mt. Peter registration, you must complete all the necessary waivers and you must click the yellow bar at the bottom of the page that says CLICK HERE TO PAY.
If you do not submit payment, your registration will be deleted and you will have to start from scratch.
Registration is available at:
Group Code : MADISONREC2023
Every participant must sign up on this site. There are waivers that will need to be signed for each item purchased so please sign the waivers during the sign-up process. Once each participant completes the sign-up process it will then prompt for payment.
The payment due date is the date that registration must be completed by.
A separate chaperone email will follow.
Registration is due by November 28, 2022.
Step 2. Bus Registration
To register for the buses, please complete and return the following forms to the Department of Recreation at 50 Kings Road no later than November 28, 2022.
- Checks for this portion of the program should be in the amount of $175 and made payable to "Borough of Madison". If you commit to chaperoning all four weeks, transportation fees are waived for you and your children for all four trips.
- Click here for: Bus Registration Packet and Chaperone Forms