Youth Ski Club
2024 Program Information
If you have already registered via the Mount Peter website, please turn in your bus registration ASAP. Bus registrations must be received by 12/1 at 4 PM. Please disregard the due dates on Mt. Peter's website.
Space in the program is now sold out. Please contact the department at email@example.com to be added to the waiting list. If you want to participate and space does not come available via the waiting list prior to 4 PM on 12/1, you must buy your own lift tickets and provide your own transportation.
If you want to be notified via text and/or e-mail when registration opens each year, please sign up for the Recreation Department calendar via Notify Me on Rosenet. The program has a limited capacity and fills up quickly.
Who's Eligible: Open to Madison & Harding Residents in Grades 5-8. Please do not attempt to register children who do not meet these criteria.
The program will run on four Friday evenings in January and February (if necessary) and takes place at Mount Peter Ski Area in Warwick, NY. Lessons and equipment rentals are offered by Mount Peter, and the program welcomes beginner/novice-level participants.
Participants are encouraged to rent equipment locally, if possible, as it will save time at the mountain.
Bus transportation will be provided, but that is dependent on chaperones committing to all 4 weeks. Transportation will be canceled in the event of inadequate chaperone coverage.
- Dates: 1/5, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26 (Missed time cannot be made up and any fees paid to Mt. Peter cannot be refunded.) If needed, we will attempt to make up any missed trips on 2/2 and/or 2/9. We are not guaranteed 4 trips, however, so we will make our trips as scheduled whenever possible.
- Departure: MHS Auxiliary Parking Lot @ 4 PM
- Return: Buses will leave Mt. Peter no later than 9 PM and return to MHS sometime after 10 PM.
Mount Peter 23-24 Refund Policy: There are no refunds on the program.
- It is vital for the transportation portion of the program that we have an adequate number of volunteer chaperones who can commit to all 4 weeks of the program. If this requirement is not met, transportation will be canceled and participants will be required to provide their own transportation.
- Chaperones ski and ride the buses free of charge. A separate Mt. Peter registration link will be provided to chaperones. All children of chaperones ride the bus for free, but will need to register for the skiing portion of the program and pay Mt. Peter for any fees incurred (lift tickets, lessons, rentals, etc.). Chaperones will also need to pay for their equipment rentals if needed.
- The primary duties of chaperones are: providing supervision with regard to safety and behavior, making sure the buses are organized and everyone is accounted for, and facilitating an enjoyable experience for all our participants.
- If you wish to chaperone, please return the chaperone form included in the bus registration packet below.
Registration is now sold out.
Additional Mount Peter Information
- Lessons begin promptly after arrival. Missed class time is not made up or extended. All lessons meet at the base of the mountain in front of Sunrise Lodge.
- Lesson participants may ride lift alone throughout the program. Lessons are a group lesson and are 50 minutes.
- There is no guarantee the lesson participant will have the same instructor each week.
- In the event Mount Peter cancels the program, you will be contacted by your group leader. The program is held during snow, cold, rain, or shine but on occasion cancellations do occur.
- Helmets are recommended for all Mountain School Programs. All rentals are on a first come, first served basis. Every participant is required to have a lift ticket purchased thru this program to use the mountain.
- All rental forms must have a credit card number for a security deposit. If rental is lost, stolen or broken there is up to a $400.00 replacement fee that you will be charged depending on nature of incident.
- Mount Peter does not take responsibility for any person (s). This includes, but is not limited to, using the chairlift and mountain safely. Please make sure participant is aware of all chairlift and mountain safety rules and guidelines which may be viewed on our website.
- Please make sure participant is aware of all chairlift and mountain safety rules and guidelines which may be viewed on our website.