- Departments A through Z
- Borough Clerk's Office
- Medicinal Marijuana
The Borough of Madison recently passed ordinances to permit Medical Cannabis Dispensary within our municipality. Below are some links pertaining to the ordinances:
- Ordinance 15-2022 - Ordinance of the Borough of Madison Amending and Supplementing Part II of the Madison Borough Code Entitled General Legislation, to include Chapter 193 Entitled Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary
- Ordinance 18-2022 - Ordinance of the Borough of Madison Amending and Supplementing Chapter 195 of the Madison Borough Code Entitled Land Development, Pertaining to Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
- Ordinance 39-2022 - Ordinance of the Borough of Madison Amending Chapter 193 of the Madison Borough Code Entitled "Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary" to Include a Permit Application
The Borough of Madison has received an application from 1st Choice Health & Wellness, LLC for a permit to operate a medicinal cannabis dispensary at 340 Main Street (the office building next to Lukoil Gas Station). The applicant has previously been issued a license by the State of New Jersey to operate a facility, but a local license is also required.
The applicable Borough ordinance requires a due diligence review of the proposed security plan by the Police Department, the financial plan by the Chief Financial Officer and zoning compliance by the Zoning Officer which process is currently underway.
The Borough Council will hold a public hearing on November 28, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. in the Hartley Dodge Memorial Building, 50 Kings Road regarding the local license approval.
A copy of the application and supporting documentations are viewable at the below links, or in the Borough Clerk's Office, and are available for public inspection during regular business hour.
Your participation at the hearing is encouraged. If you have any questions prior to the hearing, please contact Raymond M. Codey, Administrator at (973) 593-3038.
Application and Supporting Documentation
- 1st Choice Health and Wellness - Application
- Medical Cannabis Dispensary Application Hearing presentation from the November 28, 2022 Council Meeting
- Medical Cannabis Dispensary Application Hearing presentation from the December 12, 2022 Council Meeting