- Regular Yard Waste Curbside Collection Period: March 9 to December 9, 2020.
- Place in containers no larger than 30 gallons, or biodegradable paper bags. Please no plastic bags.
- Limited to grass, weeds, leaves, hedge and tree trimmings.
- Containers should have handles, not exceed 40 pounds, and materials cannot stick out more than 1 foot from the top of the container.
- Logs and large branches cannot be left at the curb. Twigs and branches up to 2 inches in diameter, may be tied in 4 foot bundles, or put in reusable containers.
- If a holiday occurs on your collection day, pickup will occur on Thursday of that week.
Yard Waste - During Non-curbside Collection Period
Yard waste, including Christmas trees, may be brought to the Borough Garage Recycling Center on John Avenue on Saturday January 4, 2020 and Saturday February 1, 2020between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Fall Leaf Collection
The town offers 3 ways for residents to dispose of their leaves:
- Leave containers at the curb*: This is the preferred method. Weekly curbside collection of yard waste in containers will continue until some time in December. Free bags are available at the Public Works Garage and other Borough offices beginning mid October
- Bring to Municipal Garage: Residents can bring leaves to the Municipal Garage on weekdays from mid October to early December between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Note, this is weekdays only and no commercial dumping is allowed.
- Rake to the curb: This is the least preferred method as it is expensive and causes issues with traffic and storm water management.
Please call the Department of Public Works at (973) 593-3088 if you need any additional information. Thank you.
*Note: Using containers or bags will save the Borough money and helps keep your taxes down!