About the House
The Luke Miller House (also referred to as Miller’s Station) is considered the oldest existing home in Madison, New Jersey.
It was built between 1730 and 1750, by Luke Miller’s grandfather, Andrew Miller “. . . who with his son Josiah came from Southampton, Long Island and settled here. They were accompanied by James and David Burnet who were the earliest white settlers of Bottle Hill, now Madison” (taken from an article that appeared in the September 14, 1901 Newark Evening News).