Madison Borough NJ Homepage
search

Sayre House

About the Property
The Sayre House was used by General Anthony Wayne as his headquarters while the army was in camp in Loantaka Valley. The house, built by Daniel Sayre about 1745, was the homestead of his son, Deacon Ephraim Sayre, during the Revolution... his house was always opened with a generous hospitality to the needs of both officers and soldiers. The Sayre House and added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 12, 1980.
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow