- Fireplaces are starting to be used again and chimneys should be cleaned.
- Ashes from fireplace should be cool before removing.
- Ashes should be placed in metal containers when removing and not kept inside or near combustibles.
- Borough of Madison does not allow open burning of leaves.
- Don't park your vehicle directly over leaf piles.
- Since October is Fire Prevention Month, this is a great time to practice your home fire escape plan!
- Change your clock/change batteries in your detectors!
- Check the date on your detectors: 5 for Carbon Monoxide, 10 for Smoke Detectors